They just got a different tool to use than we do: They kill innocent lives to achieve objectives. That's what they do. And they're good. They get on the TV screens and they get people to ask questions about, well, you know, this, that or the other. I mean, they're able to kind of say to people: Don't come and bother us, because we will kill you. Bush - Joint News Conference with Blair - 28 July '06

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mad Yanks...conversations with Old Nick

usatoday: Doubt the Bible? Question Jesus? Hint at secrets? Make way for crowds.

Books and movies about conspiracy theories and skeptical views of religion are sure paths to popular attention. And some people say the devil is behind such works - whether the authors are aware of this or not, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup survey.

The nationwide telephone survey of 1,013 U.S. adults, conducted May 5-7, found that 19% see Satan trying to destroy people's religious faith when sales soar for books, movies and studies that raise doubts about Jesus or the Bible. People who attend church weekly were more likely to believe that. Link

db: The last thing 'Satan' would want is for people to start doubting the existence of 'God' - because obviously these guys need each other - no cold without heat, no dark without light etc. Which reminds me ...

Whilst preparing to descale our Gaggia expresso machine last night [5 years of faultless performance] I chatted amiably about nothing much with Beelzebub - just guy talk, easy and relaxed - nothing threatening. That is until I felt the evil eye on me, causing me to look up from the business of cleaning the grouphead with my old toothbrush. Lucifer was leaning forward, his eyes looked sad more than evil, head to one side as if trying to figure something out. He spoke to me as a parent speaks to a child "Exo,you're losing your mind. What you see before you now, and conveniently label 'The Devil' is, as a matter of fact, nothing more than a part of yourself - merely a bunch of 'I's' from the multiplicity of "I's " that comprise the imaginary thing you call 'you'. In fact 'you' are as fixed as the sea, or a swarm of bees. Your desire to externalise the more unpleasant' facets of this muliplicity is childlike and foolish. Equally, your need to bow before artifacts that symbolise 'God' is also a mistake - for 'God' is but another bunch of 'I's'swirling around inside. It's all 'you'. Know yourself".

I didn't get what Beelzebub was on about "Where have you hidden the descaler?" I demanded.