They just got a different tool to use than we do: They kill innocent lives to achieve objectives. That's what they do. And they're good. They get on the TV screens and they get people to ask questions about, well, you know, this, that or the other. I mean, they're able to kind of say to people: Don't come and bother us, because we will kill you. Bush - Joint News Conference with Blair - 28 July '06

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Transcript - Vote Alawi - for a secure homeland!

The following is an Iraqi election broadcast on Al-Arabiya TV that aired on January 9, 2005:

Alawi: Hello, My name is Iyad Allawi, I am an Iraqi and a physician. When we physicians graduate, we take an oath to treat people and ease their pain. Therefore, we cannot stand by and watch the oppression and tyranny that have hurt Iraq. I have resisted this tyranny for over thirty years and I've been a target of attempted assassinations. I have returned to my country to take part in its rebuilding. Therefore, we have assembled a party to run in the elections and called it "The Iraqi List". It will create a new tomorrow for a strong Iraq.

Announcer: Vote for the Iraqi party and for Dr. Iyad Alawi for a strong leadership and a secure homeland!